header image

Reflection on Web Wednesday (10/5/11)

Today we used online tools called “wordle” and “ngram viewers.” These devices were new to me so I was skeptical of how it would work. After getting familiar with the tools however, I learned that it was quite simple and actually gave me information about my short story that I am currently pursuing. I guess you can say that it’s, “a new way of doing old things..” but it is SO much easier to do it this way, than the old fashioned way! If there was no internet, then I would have had to make my “wordle” using construction paper, colored pencils, glue, etc. But now all I have to do is copy and paste! I love the simplicity of it. And the same can be said for the “ngram viewers.” I would have had to go to the library and do so much research comparing the usage of certain words from decades ago. These new tools can definitely improve a writer’s perspective on the wording of their current literature and make it easier for them in the long run.

~ by seslami on October 5, 2011.

One Response to “Reflection on Web Wednesday (10/5/11)”

1. “But now all I have to do is copy and paste”: that’s right! Although, it does make me think about all the literature out there that we can’t yet copy and pasted (at least not for free . . . and without typing it ourselves).